Car hire Reviews: Goldcar Malaga airport
Goldcar is a rental company present in the most popular destinations in Spain, including Malaga.
I have just copied and translated a few customer Goldcar reviews below from the website CIAO. I also tried to post complaints and appraisals.
- I rented one of their cars 2 months ago in Granada, a Seat Leon…but they told me there was no availability for that model, so a Polo was offered…if I wanted something better I would have to pay an extra. I said ok, as I needed the vehicle and I paid in advance.
- The person who assisted asked me 80 Euro for a mandatory full fuel tank, and told me that if I returned the car before 3 days they would reimburse the not used fuel. I have to say that is a very expensive fuel cost and she was reading that my reservation was for a whole week.
- After the week, I returned the car with half tank fuel without money back, and they asked me another 20 Euro for the cleaning service…what cleaning service? never read anything about it.
- GPS cost 80 Euro, and they will pay you back 30 Euro on GPS return…expensive.
- Insurances are expensive from Goldcar.
- I can´t recommend this company for car hire in Malaga.
I can say that Goldcar is a low cost car hire company in Malaga I would rent again with. I have read a few complaints and Goldcar reviews, but I never had a problem, so…
Cheap prices for car hire in Malaga, I recommend it.
I’ve rented twice and would repeat with Goldcar to save time and money. They also have unlimited mileage, insurance and free road assistance. In all multinationals they charge you for that. Also the first time I rented with them I did because they were the only ones who allowed me to pay using debit card while other multinationals require a credit card.
On January 15, I hired a car from Malaga airport to return to the airport of San Javier. My first surprise on signing the contract is that the 90 Eur rental car (a ford focus automatic 100hp) did not include 77 Euro of fuel which I had to pay apart.
Before arriving to San Javier airport, the car showed an “autonomy” of 90 km, so I decide to refuel and fill it, costing 44 EUR to fill the deposit.
On car return, I asked for the fuel money back, and told the person who assisted me that I paid 77 Euro for a full fuel tank, and I wanted that cash back as I filled the tank on my way back.
My surprise is that they reimbursed me 67 Euro instead 77 Euro, so they still kept 10 Euro approximately without any valid reason. They should check the fuel tank on vehicle return….I don´t know what they did with the vehicle before checking the fuel.
Additionally the vehicle was not new, with more than 50.000Km, some scratches and it was a premium vehicle. I can´t recommend Goldcar.
About Goldcar Malaga
In resume, some people complaint while other people did not have any problem. I just got a few of them from CIAO website translated to English.
Goldcar Malaga can be found in the arrival hall at Malaga airport. Check the link for further information about Goldcar and how to find it.
Malagacar.com is the leading car hire company at Malaga airport. Online booking without credit card, just a flight number is needed.
Malagaairportcarhire.com is a clean and easy to use website for car hire at Malaga airport you can trust.